If you’re a fan of the Sims community and playing this series for a long time then you’re already familiar with how the modding features work. The Sims 4 script mod are custom created files also known as CC where developers write their own code from scratch to provide enhanced features in the game. These mods are a perfect example of why the sims 4 games are not getting old. There are sims 4 script mod available for literally everything related to your gameplay and to your sims makeover. You just have to download and install the right mod and you’re all set. In this guide, we have covered everything related to the sims 4 script mod and some recent updates.
What are Sims 4 Script Mod?
In the sims 4, script mods are those when developers write their own code in order to change the behavior of the game as opposed to pre-existing game files. Usually, mods are modified using the pre-existing masix files. The best example is trait mods. Most trait mods offer new effects and buffs that are not available in the initial game.
The Sims 4 Script Mods Install
The installation process is quite easy, you just have to perform a number of steps and you’re all set. The process for sims 4 script mods mac is similar with the PC version of the game. However, as of now, mods are not available in the console version of the game.
To get started, you first need an extractor tool in your PC. You can download free tool from the internet.
- Download the sims 4 script mod that you most desire
- Extract the mod files into your pc
- Copy the CC/.package files into the folder Documents/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 4/ Mods
- Paste the CC files into the Mods Folder
- Launch the game, go to settings and ‘Enable Custom Content and Mods’
- Relaunch the game, and you will find you newly installed mod in the game
How to uninstall the Sims 4 Script Mod?
This process is as simple as the installation process. Just locate the newly installed CC mod file, delete it and relaunch your game.
The Sims 4 Script Mods Update
We have received a lot of complaints regarding the sims 4 mod not working. This is a major problem during the sims 4 November 2018 Patch Update. This problem has been fixed as of now. Most CC developers have updated their mod files with the newer security patch update. We recommend you to update your game with the latest version and install newly updated Custom Content files. Contact the owner of the mod, in case they’ve not updated their mods for more than 6 months.
The Sims 4 Script Mods Not Working Mac
A lot of Mac players are facing such problems. Here is some solution that you can try.
- Update your game with the latest version
- Update the CC file from the developer site
- Make sure you’ve enabled the script mod option
- Try repairing your game from the Origin games library
- Try resetting your Sims 4 Mod folder
How to Reset The Sims 4 Mod Folder?
In order to reset the mod folder, follow the steps below:
- Copy your Mod Folder to the desktop
- Default location is Documents/ Electronic Arts/ The Sims 4/ Mods
- Launch the game
- The game will automatically create a new Mod folder
- Now copy the content of the mod folder which is on your desktop
- Some content may include ‘saves’, ‘screenshots’, ‘custom music’, ‘tray’ and ‘options.ini’
- Don’t replace the folders, instead of copy/paste the Custom content files.